Thursday, April 10, 2008

This Summer


This summer
was born in a land
where hot weather
was in love with the rain
and blue/white/sometimes grey skies
knew no pollution this summer

This summer
was walking in a land
where the cure for hunger
could be picked from a tree
and just lookin' at sun-tanned palms
was good healing this summer

This summer
was laughing in a land
where the belly of time
was quite ticklish
and marigolds were the only flowers
to reproduce themselves this summer

This summer
was bathing in a land
where the sun's heat
was my only towel
and the ocean water was so clean
I could see the corns on my feet this summer

This summer
was dancing in a land
where my soul could
do the tango with the wind
and the smell of a hand-made drum
was makin' me wanna go back again
next summer...

by Linette Marie Allen, Copyright 2008

No comments: